Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Hat for Nephew It Is

Since I started crocheting, I've actually had to restrain myself from making a zillion nerd and/or cute animal themed baby hats for my nephew who just turned one. I did have to make one though. I mean really, I only have so much self-control.


I made this hat using Caron Simply Soft in Pistachio and a size H (5.0 mm) hook. The pattern is the Yoda Baby Hat from the Happy Hooker blog. I did make one small alteration to the pattern in that I did a whip stitch around the outside edges of the ears, then pulled it tight to give them a little curl.

Overall, I'm really pleased with my very first crocheted hat, though I haven't quite mastered the trick of fastening off things worked in the round and leaving a perfectly smooth edge.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great example of this hat! Thanks for linking back to my pattern. :)

    Happy hooking!

    ~Jess, The Happy Hooker

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between this blog and your nail polish blog, I am wishing desperately that you lived near me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lyndsey! You can definitely expect to see more sci-fi and other geekery on both blogs. If you're interested in learning how to do any of my projects yourself, the patterns are mostly online and I try to list my materials for the nail stuff. Feel free to contact me if you have questions.

    ReplyDelete