Friday, May 4, 2012

Mythical Goddess Tiara

I made this tiara for myself as part of a Halloween costume as a Greek goddess. I bought the costume on clearance because it's head piece was missing, then whipped this one up for myself.

Artistic angled shot? Nope, just wonky photography.
I used gold colored craft wire for the branches over a brass wire base. In the past, I used brass wire for the branches of gold colored crowns, but I found it too hard to work. This tiara turned out very light, to the point that I almost forgot I was wearing it.

Backlit much?
I like these branch shapes a lot, and I could see making a few alterations to make this work for a lot of different costumes. It's simpler than my other tiara designs, so it opens up different uses for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment