Sunday, May 20, 2012

Little Sister Owl

As I've mentioned before, one of the best ways to get the products of my craftiness is to be a fan of it. So, when Sonya saw some patterns on Ravelry for owl-themed things and mentioned that her younger sister loves owls, I grabbed some left-over yarn and whipped something up.


This little purse (more of a change purse or wallet really) was made using the Owl Purse pattern by Brenda K. B. Anderson, which is available for free on Stitch Nation.

The pattern calls for crocheting in wool and felting the finished product. Instead, I decided to crochet in acrylic with a smaller hook and fore-go the felting. I used Caron Simply Soft Solids in Blue Mint and Black and Red Heart Shimmer in Hot Pink. I used a size G (4.0 mm) hook for everything. The beak is embroidered on.

I really like making things that can be used or worn regularly, and I'm told that the recipient of this purse was really happy with it. What are some of your favorite practical objects to make?

No comments:

Post a Comment