Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Curly Crochet Scarf

Since my newly learned crochet skills are a large part of what's made me decide to start this blog, I thought it would be appropriate to make my first regular post about my first crochet project. I made this back in December, after getting some basic crochet supplies and books from my grandmother for Christmas.


The pattern is the Ruffled Skinny Scarf by Kim Biddix from the book I Taught Myself Crochet. I used Caron Simply Soft Solids in Pistachio. I made my scarf a little longer than described in the pattern by adding an extra 10 chain stitches to the base chain.


This was a great pattern to get me started. It's pretty easy, creating the ruffle just by increasing in each row. It worked up quickly, so I got to finish my first project in a few days and start showing off right away. I was so excited, I did my nails to match (you can also see more pictures of that on my nail blog Digit Decor).

No comments:

Post a Comment