Sunday, March 18, 2012

Introduction

As it says in my blog description, I love making things. My maternal grandmother is a crafter in every sense, making most of her own clothes (and mine when I was a small child), growing and preserving her own vegetables, and crafting all sorts of objects both utilitarian and decorative.

I inherited that gene and over the years have tried a little bit of everything with varying degrees of success. I've dabbled in cross stitch, plastic canvas, knitting, polymer clay and sewing. For the past several years, I've focused on bead weaving and several other jewelry making techniques. This winter, I added making my own natural body products and crochet to the list.

In this blog, I plan to share pictures of my projects and information about the materials and techniques that I use. I also hope to include some tutorials, recipes, and patterns when sharing some of the things I've created myself.

You can also keep up with me online by checking out my other blog Digit Decor, where I share my nail polish and nail art designs. I'm also on Pinterest and Ravelry (as sckesler), and I get a lot of craft inspiration from both of these sites.

Finally, I'll leave you with a few pictures of some upcoming projects that I'll be posting.




No comments:

Post a Comment